Dr. Matthew Morris was born and raised in West Columbia, SC. He earned a bachelor of science in Business Administration from The Citadel and received his dental training from the Medical University of South Carolina where he was a four-year Army scholarship recipient. Upon entering active duty, Dr. Morris was selected to attend the 2-Year Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency at Womack Army Medical Center, Fort Bragg, NC. He was assigned as Chief of Restorative Dentistry at Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon, GA where he finished his active duty commitment and was selected for the Advanced Education in Endodontics at the Medical College of Georgia. He is a Board Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics, a Board Certified Diplomate of the American Board of General Dentistry, and a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry. He currently serves in the U.S. Army Reserve. In addition to dentistry, Dr. Morris enjoys spending time with his family, attending Seacoast Church in Mt. Pleasant, and spending time outdoors.
- The American Board of Endodontics
- The American Board of General Dentistry
- The American Association of Endodontists
- The American Dental Association
- The South Carolina Association of Endodontists
- The South Carolina Dental Association
- The Coastal District Dental Society
- The Academy of General Dentistry
- Management of Large Radicular Cysts Using Decompression – A Case Series and Review of the Literature. Fu-Cong Tian, DDS, PhD, Brian E. Bergeron, DMD, Sajitha Kalathingal, BDS, MS, Matthew D. Morris, DMD, Xiao-yan Wang, DDS, PhD, Li-Na Niu, DDS, PhD, Franklin R. Tay, BDSc, PhD. Journal of Endodontics, 2019;45:651-659.
- Mineralogenic characteristics of osteogenic lineage-committed human dental pulp stem cells following their exposure to a discoloration-free calcium aluminosilicate cement. Li-na Niu, Dan-dan Pei, Matthew D. Morris, Kai Jiao, Xue-qing Huang, Carolyn M. Primus, Lisiane F. Susin, Brian E. Bergeron, David H. Pashley, Franklin R. Tay. Dental Materials, 2016;32:1235-1247.